This video is a part of our webinar series “The modern, interoperable DC”, which walks you through connectivity challenges between different types of resources.
Part 1: >>Solving “last mile” problems with BGP<< will guide you through a solution for DC connectivity based on a combination of FRR, unnumbered BGP (IPv4 with IPv6 link-local NH) and eBPF. This mix produces an automated discovery of bare metal and XaaS environments and can be run on any COTS as it uses only open-source and standardized features.
In this video we explain:
- The evolution of the data center and its impact on the last mile for operations
- How to handle the growing number of devices and configurations needed
- How to create a proper automated discovery in a data center using:
- Unnumbered BGP (IPv4 with IPv6 link-local NH) – RFC 5549
- Free Range Routing (with BGP neighbor auto discovery enabled:
- Juniper Networks and Arista network equipment
- The type of issues you might encounter and how to overcome them
We will also talk about eBPF, BFD, ECMP, Spine&Leaf topology, Juniper Python automation as all those things will play a major role here.
Source code, topology, configurations used during this presentation are available at Github repo.