Client typeNetworking software provider offering solutions in areas including SDN, WAN controllers, SD-WAN/LAN, Monitoring, NFV platform, and networking security software
Business goalReduce the cost of installing and configuring a complex software stack by building a solution that allows the customer’s network management application to be easily deployable
- Collect requirements from all stakeholders
- Coordinate the creation of the entire architecture design with multiple parties involved in delivering the full system
- Deliver each component of the system in iterations to conform with the client’s requirements
- Cooperate closely with the client-side product owner
- Improve the system’s user experience by proposing multiple changes in to the UI design
- Covered all product development stages: from gathering the requirements to releasing a fully working solution on the client’s infrastructure.
- Minimized effort: CodiLime took over the project’s management to minimize the effort required of the client.
- Ensured progress monitoring: iterative development allowed the client to have a full overview of the project development process.
- Ensured quality: the CodiLime team was a part of the client’s internal QA process.
- Built a Virtual Appliance—a pre-configured virtual machine image containing the operating system, container orchestration platform, and the application itself.
- The architecture of infrastructure management system was based on microservices provided in individual containers.
- Kubernetes was introduced to simplify the configuration and lifecycle management of each service.
- Kubernetes provided basic abstractions like Services, Deployments, StatefulSets, and Pods.
- Abstractions could be used to manage and scale each of the services individually.
- A custom Kubernetes Operator was used to perform complex and application-specific actions beyond what Kubernetes itself provided.
- With the help of the Operator, the system could be automatically upgraded, scaled, and recovered from failure.
- The system could be installed without internet access.